A huge thank you to all of our clients, agencies, teachers and careers advisers who came a long to our offices this morning to find out about the latest information from our School Leavers Career Confidence Survey.
The second Milkround School Leaver Career Confidence Survey 2015 explores and measures the confidence current School Leavers have of their job prospects taking an alternate route to the traditional university degree. The aim was to identify the industries and career options students are considering and if they felt school or college has prepared them for entering the world of work.
Key stats from Milkround’s 2015 School Leavers Career Confidence Report:
- 54% of school leavers say that their biggest concern for the future of their career is grade expectations.
- 40% of respondents said they were unsure of whether they could start a job tomorrow.
- Current school leavers value experience, industry and salary the most when looking for roles – the size of the company and potential job title were least important.
- 79% of respondents said that the future option they hear most about in school is university, not apprenticeships, traineeships, et cetera.
- Apprenticeships have had a positive increase year on year, with 35% of respondents saying that it will be their next career step.
- 66% of school leavers use career websites, proving that online jobs boards play a significant part in young people’s recruitment journey.
You can find the full report available to download here.
Here are some of the pictures from this morning…